Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day #3: Part 3 "The Wonder of Nature- Jeju Island"


Enjoy my whole amazing tour by start reading from the first post below- Day #0: Before Reaching Korea.

9/6/2012
Day #3: PyeongChang ➝ Jeju Island

Place visited previously on Day #3: Alpensia Resort- Alpine Coaster

Alpine Coaster was really awesome, and it made us happy when we hear the word "lunch". Lol. Therefore we headed to have our lunch.

They provided a very special rice called Deodeokbap. Deodeokbap- a rice mixed with deodeok, it's abit brownish and smells very good. Do you still remember Deodeok which I mentioned before? To make it easier to understand, Ricky told me it's Ginseng's brother.

As you can see from the picture above, Korean foods has lots of side dishes, trust me it was A LOT and they're coming non-stop. Erry and I couldn't even find a place to put our cups, ended up placed in on the floor. Koreans are so blessed to have culture like this, because..I eat a lot. *cough*


The Bulgogi was sooo juicy! I love Bulgogi even more after this trip, I ate lots of Bulgogi throughout the tour.
Ohhh I'm hungry now.


This is our favourite deodeok side dish, we named it Twisties. It looks exactly like Twisties isn't it? Kkk..


After lunch, we moved to Gimpo Airport, and guess where we're going? Another well-known place of Korea- Jeju Island!

And here's the place we witnessed how Ricky being surrounded by crowd, we couldn't do anything but stand there watching how the crews handle it. It was like fans chasing after Hallyu Star, screaming all the way. That was the very first time for me to watch and did nothing while the crowd chasing after celebrity, because normally I will act like them. LOL yea, I'm a typical K-pop fan.



I captured quite well isn't it?

But oh no Dondré,  blurred~
I don't always have the chance to travel around with airplane, but thanks to KTO, I traveled by airplane for 4 times, including domestic flight to Jeju. I was really lucky! :')


Here we are, one of the 7 Wonders of Nature- Jeju Island!

Our personal bus! The cute stone man is Jeju Island's signature- Harubang.

We were totally excited for the activities in Jejudo!


They brought us to this Dog Land or some better name which I forgot what it called (actually I could only see Zipline 'cause I really want to try it!!). Eomma and Amelie immediately rushed to look for the dogs, like kids. Lol, and we're left there with crews. I saw Laney talking with the crews, probably telling her what to do next, due to curiosity I joined and listened to their conversation. Even though my Korean is not excellent, but I could get them by combining the words that I understand and try to figure out the meaning of whole sentence. Laney didn't even need to translate and we've understand the order, except for Erry. Wait, where's Tim again?



I found Tim and Ricky somewhere else, playing a Korean traditional game. Tim, Ricky and his manager hyung had a competition, I made a recording of it! Do you wanna know who was the winner? It's Ricky's MANAGER hyung! Hahaha he's good! Not too long later, Erry and other found us and joined the game.

"Have you ever been to a Cave Café?", Ricky asked. Hmmm, never.


Spot the special drink!
We went into this Cave Café to have a drink. It tastes like some honey drinks, that I couldn't explain it in words. It's actually a drink of a fruit (I couldn't remember what fruit) that had gone through of fermentation for months, I really like that drink, I even asked whether can I buy some back to my country. Kkk..

TOUCH Korea in Cave Café!
The moment we left Cave Café, "KONGGG~" here comes the gong sound, indicating the starting of a new mission! We immediately run towards Mission Man and get ready for another mission- The Zipline Misson!

Received mission and group dividing.
Getting ready! Woohoo~
Misson: Find the hidden words related to Jeju Island while we're on Zipline.
We were divided into 3 groups,
Red Team- Dondré & Erry  |  Blue Team- Tim & I  |  White Team- Ricky & Tiphany

That was my first time teaming with Tim, we were such a 'doesn't matter' team. While other teams busy discussing their strategies, we decided that each of us find the words from 1 side, 1 left 1 right. That's not a bad idea right? But somehow we ended up changed our plan to Just-Find-The-Words-Everywhere. Both of us agreed that enjoy the ride is more important. It doesn't matter~ Haha.

The ENJOY face? Lol.
2 of us waiting for our turn to answer.
OMG Zipline was sooooo awesome! In fact, I wanted to try out this in Malaysia but couldn't get the chance. Finally I got to play this in Korea, I'm so lucky. The guy that in-charged taught me how to slide down from the tower, and he was like "Ok jump!". Wait what? I can't just sit and let the gravity to slide me down? "Jump~".

I have to tell you this, before trying that, I often see from the tv, people hesitating to jump from a high place while playing games like Bungee Jump or Zipline. I was wondering, "Is it that hard to jump down? You have all the safety protections tied on you." Now I understand the fear of jumping from a high place. And to be honest, Zipline was not that high. Hahaha. Finally I picked up my courage and made a small jump. Kkk...

After that, we were spread out to have group discussions. I only found 6 out of 10 words, while Tim found 7 words. Seriously, where were the words? Or is it we enjoyed too much? Haha. Instead of giving up, we made up few words related to Jeju Island as our answers, like Black Pork, Rocks and more. LOL!


Unfortunately we only got 6 correct answers. It doesn't matter~ Ricky's team won Dondré's team by 1 more correct answer. Congrats! Afterall we enjoyed a lot! Zipline is no doubt a must-go place in Jejudo! You can feel the nature while flying, yes flying! You don't want to miss it! Even us wish to go there again.

After the exciting Zipline experience, we moved to a beautiful Green Tea Garden.

So, we traveled the whole Green Tea Garden with this cute car, it's a car right?
Tim able to catch the camera every time. LOL.
Ricky's group camwore talent


Nice pose PD oppa!

Yes I like to take picture of our crews!

Green Tea was everywhere, they were all around us! And that's how we started our Green Tea Joke. What can I say, why do we keep repeating Ricky is a good leader and friend? We never felt bored when he's with us. "As you can see now, there's a lot of green tea on your right, now look at your left hand side, wow it's green tea too. Let's have a wild guess of what's wayyy in front. Hmmm I guess it's green tea. WOW I'm right!" And we continued this joke throughout the whole green tea travelling. Hahaha!

They stopped us near this place to have some rest and take pictures with the eggs. Lol, The Eggs.
Main characters: Erry & Dondré

Main characters: Erry & Tim

Main character: Tim
Main character: DO I NEED TO MENTION?



TOUCH KOREA with 2 eggs!
Guess what we saw, A DEER! What a surprise. All the camermen, including us, captured the deer non-stop, haha lucky deer, you're going to be on TV!
Do, a deer, a female deer~ Who else sang that sentence out?

After that, the PDs decided to let us have some cool pictures in the green tea field. Here we go..
Feel the green tea!
Okay, I forgot who, but someone decided this game, scissors-paper-stone to decide who to eat the green tea leaf. And I have no idea why I always lose to Ricky, not the first time. Hence, I was the lucky person chosen to taste the tea leaf.
Nice one, photographer Tim!
Let me tell you how it tastes like, it tasted like green tea. Not bad. But I didn't swallow it, I bit it instead. :P In the end, one of the PD swallowed it for me, I couldn't remember your name, but thanks a lot!

Okay, it's finally dinner time! KTO prepared another wonderful dinner for us. Since we're in Jejudo, seafood is something you can't miss.
Jeongol with fresh seafood & chicken
The seafood was extremely fresh, I can't find nice words to express it, but according to our Fun Team members, we call them The Taste of Heaven. Hahaha. There were 2 Jeongol, 3 guys shared 1 and 3 girls shared 1. The guys were very fast in eating the foods, but we girls..hmmm. I spent most of my time dealing with the crab. It was very delicious, but I'm not good in peeling it.

Erry and I love the giant abalone a lot. But there was only 3 of them each Jeongol. Erry was like, "Tiphany do you still want the abalone?". When Tiphany says no, she grabbed it immediately. Hahaha. While I, just kept drinking the soup, I love the soup bases throughout the whole trip, sooo much~

Thanks to Ricky, we got to try Jejudo's famous Soju, except for Erry since she's a Muslim.
Soju(s) has very strong taste, ahhhh this is life~ *acted like an old man*

Going back to hotel
So after finishing the foods and Ricky done with his camera sessions with the restaurant owner and passers-by, we headed back to our gorgeous hotel. That night, we had a little special activity, that everyone knows, except her..

Little surprise project
That was our first night in Jejudo, we're the curious kids, so we told the crews we're gonna explore the beach that night. *although our schedule next day will be at beach too* We just can't wait. The last day of our tour will be our maknae Tiphany's birthday, we decided to give her something special. The smart crews figured out to record a wishing video for her.

Here's the plan, when we arrived at the hotel, we "discussed" and "decided" to bring our luggage up and gather at the lobby after a quick bath. In fact, we came down right after we leave our luggage in room. We recorded a video with Ricky, in a very fast speed. Here comes the funny situation, Tiph came down with changed clothe. She was like "You guys didn't change your clothes?". Hahaha and we covered it with good acting skills.

The video will be show to her few days later, stay tuned!

Back to our story, yea, our plan was go to the beach side, plan changed again. There's a concert holding in our hotel's hall. Even it's late and we were worried that we couldn't make it to the beach side, we went to the concert. What? Kkk...

We had no idea who they are and what songs they were singing, but we enjoyed like crazy monkeys! Our team members are born wild! Stood on the chair like everyone else! It was a wonderful performance. ^^
Oh let's not forget how Dondré caught everyone's attention again. Lights on, everyone lining up to leave the hall after the end of concert, but it's not over for Dondré, he continued dancing on the chair while whole world looked at him. LOL! This is so Dondré!

We insisted to go to the beach side after concert. There was a kind female staff of the hotel who brought us to the concert showed us the direction to beach side. The 5 foreign kids started to walk along the street and looked for their desired beach side. We knew the beach is somewhere near us as we could see the sea, but we had no idea where's the beach. We even asked the cashier in convenient store, with our kindergarten level Korean language.

Finally we found the beach, it wasn't what we imagined, it was too dark, we barely see the sand. And there's where Erry had the mom mumble, "Tim don't go down there, it's so dark! It looks so dangerous! Guys, don't go down there, it's not safe!". Haha sorry mom Erry, we can't just leave the beach without touching the sand. At the same time, we saw people playing firecrackers. Dondré and Tim were so so interested to it, so we decided to ask them where to buy it. Great, Laney wasn't with us, it's time for 3 of us to speak Korean. Dondré said, "Combine our Korean knowledge we're able to do it!".


We, the happy kids bought some firecrackers and had a very great time at the beach side. And we're very eager to bring Ricky there the next day, how can we enjoy without him? By the way, the firecrackers photos posted online was a hot issue among the crews and KTO office staffs. Each and every crews we met the next day asked us whether did we enjoy the firecrackers last night. Everyone knowsss..

Let's make this part short, we went back to hotel and I had a long private girl talk with Tiphany as we were sharing the hotel balcony. Don't get jealous again Erry! :p


It's the end of our awesome first day in Jejudo. Awesome day passes real fast. I looked up to the dark sky from balcony, this is Jejudo..a place that I often see from tv and internet. This is so incredible, I was so fortunate that I was there. *tears in my eyes*

Summary of the exciting activities we had in Day #3:
Alpine Coaster & Sky Lift
Cave Café
3rd mission: Zipline
Green Tea Garden
Beach side fireworks

Next: The beautiful story of Jeju Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment